Discrimination On The Basis Of Sex Or Pregnancy
Pregnancy can be both exciting and challenging for many reasons. However, discrimination is something no woman should ever have to experience as part of bringing a child to term. At The Garber Law Firm, our lawyers are committed to fighting pregnancy discrimination and gender bias in the workplace. Based in Marietta, we serve clients throughout the state of Georgia.
Experienced Lawyers To Support Your Claim
The law prohibits pregnancy discrimination in all its forms, including:
- Refusing to hire you because you are pregnant
- Denying you a promotion or demoting you because you are pregnant
- Refusing to give health benefits for pregnancy to unmarried women
- Denying pregnancy leave for high-risk pregnancies or limiting maternity leave
- Refusing to allow you to take disability leave that is related to your pregnancy
- Your employer retaliates against you for taking sick days due to pregnancy
- Terminating you because you are pregnant
- Firing you after you return from maternity leave
If you have experienced any of these things, you should contact a pregnancy discrimination lawyer. At The Garber Law Firm, our attorneys aggressively defend the rights of our clients to work and live free of discrimination.
The Family And Medical Leave Act
Under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), you have the right to take time off to care for a newborn child. Your employer cannot retaliate against you for taking time off under FMLA for pregnancy-related reasons or illness-related reasons. We have extensive experience with FMLA violations and are prepared to represent you if your employer violates your rights this way.
Free Consultation: Contact The Garber Law Firm Now
Discrimination based on gender or pregnancy is against the law. If you were discriminated against because you were pregnant, contact The Garber Law Firm at 678-383-9792. Initial consultations are always free.