Ready To Resolve Your Employment Law Case
At The Garber Law Firm, we are committed to protecting — and enforcing — the rights of employees. We advocate aggressively to obtain justice for employees who have experienced discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, wage and overtime violations, and theft.
Based in Marietta, we offer counsel and representation to workers throughout Atlanta and northern Georgia. We know how to spot the signs of legal infractions in the workplace, and are tireless in our efforts to hold supervisors and employers to account.
Legal Support For Labor Matters Of All Types
We represent employees in cases involving a full range of issues, such as:
- Overtime / wage and hour claims: If you work more than 40 hours in a week, your employer owes you overtime pay, with a few exceptions. Likewise, all employers must pay the minimum wage, including tips. Our lawyers fight zealously to make sure employees receive the money that they earned and are owed.
- Discrimination: We offer legal help to employees who have experienced all types of discrimination, including disfavor based on one’s disability, one’s need for family medical leave, one’s race or nationality or religion, one’s age, and one’s gender. We also represent women who have suffered discrimination during pregnancy and who find their jobs threatened for taking pregnancy leave.
- Sexual harassment: Our firm is prepared to take aggressive action on behalf of employees who have suffered from pervasive and severe sexual harassment. Victims are entitled to lost wages plus damages for physical and emotional distress and harm.
- Medical leave discrimination: Employers are not allowed to punish workers for taking time off from work because of a serious health condition affecting the employee or a family member. But when they do, employees should obtain legal counsel right away.
- Whistleblowers: Taking a stand against an employer’s wrongdoing is protected by law. If you are planning to report your employer for fraud or other illegal activities, we can counsel you before you take any further action.
- Retaliation: You have the right to report harassment, make a complaint about discrimination or expose unlawful practices. If your employer retaliates against you for doing any of these things, our attorneys are prepared to take aggressive legal action to recover your job and all lost wages plus emotional and mental distress damages. Likewise, we offer counsel to employees who have endured retaliation after filing a workers’ compensation claim.
- Contract disputes: Contracts are meant to protect employees and employers alike. Yet at times an employer will leverage a contract to silence or punish a worker unfairly. We offer help to workers in all manner of contract considerations, including noncompete agreements, severance agreements, confidentiality agreements, and other documents establishing intellectual property rights.